Write 16 random things about yourself...and then send the note to 16 friends, including the friend who sent this to you.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note w/ 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
1) When I was growing up, my favorite color was red and my favorite number was 5. 5 is still my favorite number.
2) Aside from my Dad's truck which I bought from his estate, I've never spent more than $3200 on a car.
3) My son was born on Easter (one day past his due date) of that year.
4) My goal is to work part time in a small progressive college town about an hour away from a metropolitan area.
5) I hated elementary school, I have many stories about my bad experiences. I'm surprised I enjoy learning so much.
6) I have authority issues (perhaps it's related to my elementary school experience), I keep them in check.... most of the time.
7) I want to live in the middle of nowhere in the woods right in the center of the city.
8) I've only lived in 4 counties in Minnesota my whole life, in eight different houses and apartments.
9) I've lived in my house for over 15 years the longest I've ever lived anywhere.
10) I currently have two cats, Lady(she came named that way) and Jinx(he plays fetch), before that I had Jasmine (Jaz) she lived for 18 years and is buried in my front yard.
11) When I was 18 I ran for my local beauty pageant, not because I wanted to win but because my sponsor asked if she could sponsor me. My best friend also ran but she wanted to win. It was for Queen Dog Days! snicker....they've since renamed it "River days"
12) I had my first name changed when I was twelve because my sisters had my mom's name in their names but I didn't. I suffered from middle child syndrome. I often felt left out, especially that time they forgot me when they all went for a walk, they didn't realize I was missing until they were on the way back.
13) My first concert I attended when I was a kid was The Go-Go's. I was 13 years old
14) The biggest thing I ever won was a $500 shopping spree to Goodman Jewelers.
15) I love new school supplies, perhaps it's because of the endless possibilities.
16) Most people think that Librarians have a very organized house, I'm not one of them. I think it's because there are always so many more things that are infinitely more interesting than housework.
[ ] You've been to an ice hockey game before
[x] You've been snowmobiling before (TWICE)
[x] You know how the wind chill factor works
[x] You make fun of Iowa
[X] You've ridden in a toboggan before.
[x] You keep an ice scraper in your back seat
[x] You call the childhood game "Duck, duck, gray duck"
[x] You know what the "Iron Range" is
[x] You've built a snow man before
Total so far: 9
[x] You consider 50 degrees in March a warm day
[ ] You make fun of Wisconsin
[x] You know where yellow snow comes from
[ ] At least one person in your immediate family hates the Packers.
[ ] You go to "the cabin" on the weekends during the summer (nah, I have been known to go "up north" though)
Total so far: 11
[x]You've taken a family vacation to either North or South Dakota before.
[ ]you love the Twins!
[x] You know what the "North Shore" refers to
[x] You or your family owns a snow-blower
[ ]You, your dad, or a close friend has a snow plow on the front of their pickup truck.
Total so far: 14
[x] You expect school cancellations and delays to happen at least twice a winter
[x] You still hear/tell stories about the "Halloween Snow Storm" of 91
[x] You know whether Minnesota really is the "Land of Ten Thousand Lakes"
[x] You know the names of the Twin Cities
[x] You've been to the city of Duluth plenty of times.
Total so far: 19
Grand Total: 19
Take your score and multiply it by 4. Repost this as "I'm --% Minnesotan"
I was born and raised here. I've really only lived in 3 different counties here my whole life....but I'm itching to get out...
Your Score: Liberal
You scored 42 Equality, 71 Liberty, and 35 Stability!
You think liberty is important both for yourself and for all of humanity. You respect others and think it is important that everyone be given the opportunity to make decisions for themselves rather than have authority figures tell them what is best. The autonomy of every person is important to you but you think there are times in which personal action needs to be limited. As such you recognise that there is a role for government as long as it depends on the consent of the governed – this makes parliamentary democracy important to you. You prefer the role of government in economics and society to be small. In practice you will tolerate public sector activity as long as it is efficient and allows you to get on with your life. You are likely to advocate for both a predominantly free-market economy and a cosmopolitan and permissive culture. For information on liberal political parties worldwide see here (but note that this international also includes Progressive and Moderate and Establishmentarian parties). If this is too bland for you then try the Libertarian on for size.
|Link: The Political Objectives Test written by Originaluddite on OkCupid, home of the The Dating Persona Test|